Yesterday I had the privilege of meeting a fabulous local vegan blogger- Anna from High Heeled Herbivore (HHH). She writes an entertaining blog related to all things vegan, which includes pics of her dog. I’m already in love, and I’ve only just begun to read. And, I’ve already bookmarked a load of recipes. Really, I can’t stop. Go on over and check out the deliciousness for yourself. I like how you get song selections to compliment each dish. Brilliant.
I’ll leave you with some photos of two other ice cream cakes I made for another customer this weekend:
Chocolate Elvis (Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana)
- Crust= raw chocolate almond brownie
- Bottom Layer=chocolate icecream
- Middle= hot fudge with chocolate cookie crumbles
- Top Layer= peanut butter and banana ice cream, with more cookie crumbs
- Crust=raw vanilla almond chai macaroon
- Bottom Layer=chai ice cream
- Top Layer= vanilla ice cream
- Drizzle= raw vegan caramel
The worst part of making cakes for other people is all those left-over ice cream bits. Right in time for the Oscars. Poor me!
I can already predict what I’ll be wearing to the red carpet. I’ll give you a hint- they’re gray, stretchy and incredibly unflattering in all the wrong ways.
Enjoy the evening everyone.