In a rush? Me too! Here is one of my go-to quick dinners, when I don’t really want to spend time cooking. I try to keep a frozen stock of wraps and pita’s for these sorts of nights. You can use whatever wrap or pita you’ve got. I promise it will turn out edible, at the very least. And isn’t that we all strive for at the end of a long work day?
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1/2 C chopped zucchini
- 1/2 C green pepper
- 1/2 C red pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can tomato paste (or other tomato sauce)
- fresh or dried herbs to taste (I like basil and oregano)
- any other toppings you like (I love kalamata olives and mushrooms, but didn’t have any tonight)
- 4 brown rice wraps (or other crust substitute of choice)
I like to roast the veggies, but this step is completely optional if you don’t want to take the extra time.
1. Place veggies on a cookie sheet with a splash of olive oil and roast in a preheated oven at about 400 degrees for 20 mins, or until they look nicely browned.
2. Place 4 brown rice wraps on cookie sheets, spread with tomato paste and top will all other veggies, garlic and herbs. Bake for about 10-15 mins at 350 degrees (they are done when the edges of the crusts are browned).
3. Top with hot sauce and/or vegan cheese of choice. I used my homemade walnut parmesan, and it was divine.